Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Did You Miss Me?

Happy Halloween, fellow shoppers!

You may have noticed that Material Girl has not been posting much lately. I'm in the middle of Stop-Shopping-So-Much Campaign. Sad, I know. But I have to keep Cheapy from going crazy and/or choking me with my AmEx bill.

I didn't say I was on a No Shopping campaign, however. That would just be silly. And probably impossible. Every time I've tried that, I do really well for a while then I break--and there is a shopping binge. Binges are not pretty. My goal is to not spend more than I have in my discretionary fund.

So what have I gathered of late? My good friend eBay has led me to a few goodies:
  • A vintage blond mink stole. Not sure where I will wear such an item, but one day I decided (despite the fact that I'm vegan) that owning one was a great idea. So far I almost wore it to a Hallowedding, and the cat has napped on it. I had previously purchased a chocolate brown mink stole, but it's too big for me (I know--you though they are one-size-fits-all, didn't you?) and will be going back to where it came from (eBay).
  • A vintage suede colorblock Kelly bag. Oh it's cute cute cute. And looks like new.
  • A fuzzy Dolce & Gabbana tank (above). While slightly Muppet-esque, also very cool. Material Girl can pull it off.
  • A pair of tall black Frye Villager pull-on boots. I accidentally won this auction--I really thought I would be outbid. The auction ended at $51, which is low for a Frye auction in the fall (whether the boots are new or used). I can't wait to get them as I'm currently unsatisfied with the black boots in my boot wardrobe. The fall and winter will be Material Girl re-booting season!

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

My favorites: The mintblaue and the short dress. A perfect blend of vintage glamor and modernity. Thank you ♥Wedding Dresses
Wedding Gowns

bridalgownonline said...

According to the occasion, wedding could be separated into two styles, formal or traditional wedding and informal or casual wedding. Wedding Dresses should really be fitted for that wedding occasion no matter what sort of occasion you like. There are two examples. For informal summer wedding, it’s great to select island wedding gowns or Beach Wedding Dresses because they are mainly casual bridal gowns. Another example is formal wedding dresses. Perhaps floor-length mermaid wedding gowns are most brides’ favorite. The Mermaid Wedding Dresses are able to make brides more elegant. If you’re planning to possess a formal wedding, mermaid wedding dress on sale provided by our web shop is the best option on your behalf.