Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bikini Line Bliss

I'm not embarrassed to admit it: The thing I hate most about summer is bikini line maintenance. I am very fair skinned and very brunette. I do not like waxing--It hurts and you must wait until your hairs are long enough to rip out again. Shaving is no good--I've never done it without gaining at least a few painful red bumps for the next few days, and they are both unpleasant and unattractive. I want something better. I want pain free and ever-smooth.

I've had long conversations with a number of my girlfriends on this topic and we've all wished there was a great product made just for trimming the hedge. We've fantasized that we would invent one and become rich, happily lounging by pools in fine hotels proudly displaying our bald bikini lines to the shirtless young waiters who fetch us pastel cocktails with umbrellas and fruit.

Where was I...Oh yes, the product. I found it at Sephora. Check out the Bliss Bikini Perfect Deluxe Spa Edition.



Do you see all those attachments? It comes with a precision trimmer, a precision comb, an epilator (which pulls your hairs out by the root and really doesn't hurt I swear), a micro shaver, a micro trimmer, and an eyebrow comb. They also throw in trial-size tubes of Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter (love it!) and Lemon+Sage Body Scrub as well as some Bliss Ingrown Hair Eliminating Peeling Pads. There's even a travel bag (because this devise must accompany you on any beach- or pool-oriented vacation).

Ladies, I have never in my life been excited about pube grooming. I never thought this day would arrive. I read the very detailed instructions (which mention creating templates and personalizing). I've charged the batteries. I given it a trial run. I tried every attachment (except the eyebrow one because the thought of something going wrong there scared me). I love this thing! It is $60 well spent. (If you buy online, don't forget to shop Sephora through Lucky Rewards if you're a Lucky subscriber.)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi! You've been quoted for Best Beauty Pick:Bliss Bikini Perfect Deluxe - Spa Edition! Thank you for sharing your expert's opinion!