Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shopping in Myrtle Beach: Cole Haan

I'm behind on my purchase reporting because I've been busy busy busy with travel. Travel, however, means shopping. I was in a beach house in Garden City, SC with Cheapy, Cheapy Jr., and my in-laws for a week in early September. I'm not big on beaches and, well, I won't go into in-laws. There were a several bright spots during the trip. We found a place that served a great vegan burger with a side of deep fried pickles. My father-in-law loves thrift shops, junk shops, used bookstores, and antique malls. And the last day there was a huge double rainbow over the ocean.

While overall the shopping wasn't tremendous in the greater Myrtle Beach area (unless you're in the market for seashell souvenirs and tacky t-shirts), I picked up a couple of beaded necklaces and a bracelet at an antique mall, found an old book for my boss for a two bucks at a thrift store, and got a few items at the Ralph Lauren outlet (where my mother-in-law and I went to buy polo shirts for Dad-of-Cheapy).

My best purchase was at the Cole Haan outlet. I still regret not buying a great structured black bag at a great price, but I did come home with these taupe suede slingback wedges:

These were originally priced at $275. They're now on sale on the Cole Haan site for $179. I got them at the outlet mall for $85. The Nike Air insides are crazy comfortable and they're simply a beautiful neutral shoe to add to my collection. I'm thinking more outlet mall trips may be in my future--there's one about 45 minutes north of where I live. (Maybe there's a Cole Haan store with that same black bag...)

2 comments:

weddingdressesanglew said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

Manuela N. Harper said...

Hank you for some other educational blog. The place else could I understand that sort of data written in such a perfect approach? Very nice shoes for women. I love the shoes to wear.

Here are just a few of the great items you can find in store
boutiqueken