Friday, May 6, 2016

I'm Fired (But Not in the Trump Way)

Hello fellow shoppers. It's been...much too long. Material Girl has been so so busy the last five years helping savvy shoppers realize their fashion dreams as a copywriter for MyHabit by Amazon. Day after day, rack after rack of clothing came and went, and I reveled in my life as a professional clothes describer.

But, alas, all good things must come to an end. MyHabit is shutting down this month in favor of Amazon Fashion (which is full of great stuff, but isn't nearly as fun as shopping a flash sale IMO).


Flash sale shopping (to borrow from Forrest Gump) is like a box of chocolates--you never know what you're gonna get. Unless, like me, you touched nearly every piece of clothing that made its way online and marked your calendar with reminders of when the pieces you covet are going live.

After five years of getting to caress (and try on) some amazing clothes from designers whose pieces I'd never seen in person before, let's just say my closet is a little crammed. I worked on a great team, put in tons of overtime, almost imploded every year before the holidays, put nearly 70,000 miles on my car trekking to an Amazon fulfillment center, and learned a lot about the inner-workings of an e-commerce site.

Leaving a situation that brought together two of the things I love the most--writing and shopping--makes me super sad. But Amazon won't let me starve (I'm set up with some shopping money for the few months), and I'll find something new to do that I love (almost) as much.

In the meantime. I'll pop into Material Girl HQ here and there and let you know what's on mind in regards to acquiring stuff I love (that you might, too).

No comments: