Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Randomly (Yet Magazine Themed)

Biggest Vogue Ever: I just got back from my local independent bookseller with the September 2007 Vogue Extra-Extra Large 840-page issue. This is not a one-afternoon mag--this is a good two weeks. My arm got tired holding it in the checkout line. I don't think it will fit in the magazine rack next to my pink toilet. And I fear it will put my lap to sleep if I sit and read it too long. Run, don't walk, to your newsstand! (Here's what the Go Fug Yourself ladies had to say about the Sienna Miller cover.)

Fashionista Diaries: My summer guilty TV pleasure (other than LA Ink because I have a girl crush on Kat VonD) is SoapNet's Fashionista Diaries. It follows six interns in fashion-related businesses--two at Flirt! cosmetics, two at a PR firm, and two at Jane magazine. By like the third episode poor Nicole from Queens (when they asked who her favorite designer was in the first episode, she said "Juicy Couture") had resigned. She'll never make it in fashion--the women wore bad bad bad shoes. Bridget is all cute and spoiled-rich-girl-y and kind of full of herself and I really want to hate her but for some reason I can't. And I just feel bad for the two Jane interns who don't know the magazine will soon be folding. (I was not a fan of that mag.) I'm so hooked on this show.

Lucky: The Magazine About Shopping and Style: I've been perusing the September 2007 issue of Lucky: The Magazine About Shopping and Style and I've come up with a list of things I dig and things I definitely do not dig in this issue. More on that in a future post. I just signed up for Lucky Rewards--they do 10% back on Zappos purchases, and a up to 15% back on a slew of other online retailers (Gap, Macy's, Target, Saks, iTunes, Bluefly, Sephora...). Who knew! All you do is shop through a special link after you sign on the Lucky Rewards site. If you're a subscriber who loves online shopping as much as I do, check it out.

No comments: