Monday, March 17, 2008

When Did Clarks Get Cute?

It's no secret I love footwear. What I don't love, however, are cruel shoes. It just ruins one's day to walk around with aching tootsies. I do have some less-than-comfy shoes, shoes that make want to cry by the end of a wedding reception. Once in a while a girl's gotta endure some discomfort to look good. So I have my special-occasion shoes, my going-out-to-dinner shoes, my walking-from-the-car-to-a-chair-and-having-people-fetch-things-
for-me shoes.

And, darling or hot as these shoes may be, they're not practical for wearing to work, then daycare, then the grocery store on a daily.

The other day I was cruising around Zappos looking for a nice way to spend my $100 gift certificate. I was thinking spring. A bit of a heel. Brown. Comfy. Maybe a little '70s looking. I came upon a pair of Clarks that I really liked the look of. I was surprised.

Generally when I think of Clarks, I think of shoes that look like these:


You know, bad Velcro-ed old lady sensible sandals that I would not get caught dead in. What I found and purchased were these:


They are happy comfy and I like the look of them. I could wear them out as well as to the grocery store. I've perused Zappos for more, and there are other Clarks styles I like, some even better than the ones I bought:


Pewter with stitching on the heel and the daintiest of t-straps--I love these.


These are a hot red and the contrast stitching is a nice detail. I could definitely wear these to dinner. And you know, I currently have no mules in my shoe closet.


These cute almost-flats come in great colors like this turquoise. I love the twisted thing going on with the t-strap.

Who knew my feet could enjoy shoes this cute and still feel as good as in my boots? (For nothing but reviews of comfy shoes, visit Barking Dog Shoes.)

No comments: