Monday, March 31, 2008

Plaid to Be Alive, eBay Style

I wore my eBay safari shirt dress to work today with a pair of cowboy boots I got on eBay for $26 and a studded Calvin Klein belt I got on clearance at Macy's for less than $4. The outfit seemed to go over well and made me very excited by the eBay auctions I won yesterday: two more dresses--both vintage plaid--and a chunky vintage necklace.

The first dress is from a great eBay stored called Violetville Vintage. All the items from Violetville start bidding at $24.95 and are modeled by the same tall size-two blond woman--who, of course, looks good in all of it. Below she's wearing the dress that's soon to be in my closet. (It will likely need a good hemming.) Check out the great '50s cut, the wonderful little buttons (have I mentioned I have button collection?) and the rickrack detail at the neck. (I sort of can't resist rickrack. If I had a sewing machine and knew how to use it, one day I might go crazy and rickrack-ify all sorts of things. Luckily, buttons and torn seams are all the sewing this Material Girl can handle.)


The other plaid dress is a '60s dropwaist pleated little number in the shade of yellow I decided I can wear. (It seems to lean more toward green, but things often look different online than in person, especially with eBay). This dress is from the same eBay store where I got the safari shirt dress, Designer and Vintage Deals for All (where bidding for all items start at 99 cents).


I topped off my Sunday eBaying with a chunky, asymmetrical Trifari necklace in white beads, Lucite and silvertone. Very mod and statement making. It's from another eBay store that specializes in various vintage costume jewelry pieces, Violetsoup: Vintage Jewelry . The bidding here starts out low ($5.99-$7.99), and they currently have a bunch of stuff Buy It Now at %15 off.


The damage for all three eBay items (including shipping costs): $110.86, paid in on easy PayPal transaction.

No comments: