Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Shopping: Anthropologie Plus a DSW Shoe Binge

Cheapy is very nice on occasions like Mother's Day, my birthday, etc. He always occupies Cheapy Junior for the day, hands me some cash, and send me off to have the happy day of my choice.

I was a little bummed when I started off today because it was chilly, raining, and generally miserable outside. I removed "get pedicure" from my stuff-to-do-today list because I couldn't bear the thought of not wearing socks and boots.

"Hit Anthropologie," however, remained an option, particularly because my high school friends, who I've been getting together with every few months since my last class reunion, gave me an Anthro gift card for a belated birthday gift. It was a nice and unexpected surprise. So Anthropologie was the first stop on my Mother's Day shopping trip. My goal was to find some tops for layering. I've been accumulating a good collection of cropped cardigans and shrugs lately which I've really been digging, but I've been low on light knit tops to wear under them.

Here are the three tops I got, all of them from the sale rack.




They are all soft and comfortable and all have necklines that will accommodate the zillions of necklaces I've been buying recently.

After Anthropologie, I popped into the Gap, but I really just wanted to use the bathroom. I was not in a Gap mood, and after an hour of being spoiled by the Anthropologie dressing room experience (they remember your name and really don't seem to mind getting you other sizes), I wasn't in the mood to try things on at the Gap. (The white shirts were all super on sale, by the way.) Time for shoe shopping--even if it meant unzipping my boots countless times.

And twas a good day for shoe shopping--I bought four pairs. (It's been a really long time since I bought four pairs of shoes at once. I was as giddy I a girl could be on a dreary day.) Since they were DSW purchases, I can't find any of them online except these t-straps (which I got in Natural), and I can't post of picture of them because the DSW site uses Flash so I can't copy the image. (I need to get a Mac.) Besides the Prima pumps I got a pair of Franco Sarto patent three-tone t-straps, a pair of silver Frye maryjanes, and a pair of pointy toe, patent Born flats (the last two especially for my upcoming trip to New York. I don't want to tromp around the Big Apple in flip flops but I need something comfortable and cute.) All totaled, I spend $150 on all four pairs--three were 50% off and the cheapest pair was 30%. A Happy Mother's Day indeed.

No comments: