Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Katie Holmes' Joan Collins Tribute




















I should leave these sorts of observations to the pros at Go Fug Yourself, but I can't help but comment on this photo of Katie Holmes. Is it just me, or is she screaming, "I can't wait until I'm in my 70s so I can officially turn into Joan Collins!"? She just need to lose the tan, and get some shoulder pads and a boa.

I must admit that I've been quite fascinated by our little Mrs. Cruise lately what with her kicky haircut and classic designer duds. Happy to see her not turn into a short-skirted, cleavage-y forgoer of underwear out partying in L.A. She's all carrying $10,000 custom made Birkin bags and wearing Chanel. So classy and chic. Her photos in the latest issue of InStyle magazine are beautiful (although the interview is a tad annoying: "I respect Tom and he respects me. There is no maybe. Blah blah blah.")

So I don't understand this metallic toga she's got going (although I'm sure it cost two month's of Material Girl's salary), and her hair is not so much I'm-not-a-soccer-mom kicky but kinda helmet-y. And she's wearing a boatload of blush. (And you know, no one ever says this, but I don't think she can act her way out of a paper bag.)

We all have a miss here and there (I'm not quite wild about my Gap-meets-Talbot's outfit today and my hair's being weird) and I'm sure Katie will be back to her chic young I-married-Tom-Cruise-self for her next photo op. In the meantime, Ms. Collins should watch her back (or perhaps her closet).

1 comment:

weddingdressesanglew said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.