Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Fear I Have Purchased Something That Won't Fit

I recently won an auction on eBay for a lovely little vintage dress. Here it is.


And here's a closeup.


Cute, right? A little swiss dot thing happening; an awesomely big bow. It reminds me at once of of both a cupcake and a present. And it was $19.99.

But here's the thing: I'm worried that I'll put it on and and it will zip past my waist and call it a day; I think the girls may not fit into it. It was an against-my-better-judgment purchase.

But, you ask, didn't the seller give measurements? Why yes she did. She said the waist was 30 inches and the chest was 30 inches. I am banking on my theory that she was wrong. Who would make a dress with those measurements? That's crazy! And check out the fabric bunching up in the chest area on the closeup above. And it's darted. There's got to be some rack room there--after all, the dress form is not flat chested.

So it will come in the mail, and we shall see, fellow shoppers. For 20 clams, I think it's worth a shot. After all, sometimes that's the fun of eBay. (And one day I'll get around to selling all the cute but not-quite-right items I've accumulated.)

2 comments:

Lisa T. said...

That's an adorable dress. I hope if fits!

Meg said...

God, I love the detailing on that... and the bow.