Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday Afernoon at Macy's: Good Stuff for Fall

Friday was the second-last day of my company's Friday summer hours, which means it was one of my last chances to leave work at 3 o'clock and hit The Mall. My discretionary fund is running low, so I opted for Macy's--even thought I haven't been wild about their selection lately, they were having a sale (as usual).

There was a ton of summer stuff on clearance, but I'm so over summer. I was there prepping for fall. In a couple hours I ended up with four pieces I'm really excited about, all which I can mix and match with each other as well as all sorts of things in my closet.

Of course I can find none of these anywhere online, so please bear with my photos.

My first item is the Reaction by Kenneth Cole metallic linen cropped jacket. It's not nearly as shiny in person as in this photo--the flash gave it added flash. I love the pleating at the neck and sleeves. It reminds me a bit of an Anthropologie jacket my friend Meg had which I loved (and, sadly, was de-metallic-ed by her dry cleaner, I believe). It's a great neutral with a little fancy going for it.


Next I got this Reaction by Kenneth Cole skirt. It's a great shape and length. The waistband really flatters. It's got pockets. And you can't tell in the photos, but it's got faint metallic threads throughout. (I was in a shiny mood on Friday. I'm usually in a shiny mood.) Again, this is a great neutral. I can't wait to wear it with boots, my favorite black Gap tee, and the metallic jacket above.


I also picked up this Nine West someone-tie-dyed-fall cardigan. Can you see the shiny gold snaps? I looks fab with the skirt above (and over the Zeppelin tee I wore to The Mall).


Last is this Michael Kors sweater dress. I got it in black. They only have it in red on the Macy's site, so you have to use your imagination and picture how cute both the cardigan and the metallic jacket would look with it. I've always loved the idea of a sweater dress because--comfy! I've never bought one before because sweater dress generally equals lumpy. The gathers on this one, however, solve that lumpy issue allowing the dress to slightly drift away from the body in the right places in front and back. This is such a versatile item. I've got so many sweaters and jacket in my closet that I can pair with this and boots, but it will also be perfect with just cute shoes and a great necklace.

No comments: