Monday, August 11, 2008

A Happy Day at Old Navy

A few nights ago, Cheapy Junior woke up crying. Reason: A hole in his sock. (The boy hates holes in clothing. It drives him mad when I wear my destroyed jeans.) I went through his sock drawer pair by pair and found that pretty much all of them had holes or were threadbare. So the next day I went to Old Navy to stock up on tiny socks and grab some pants for Cheapy Senior (he loves their loose fit khakis. They're baggy, super soft and inexpensive which is everything Cheapy wants in a pair of pants.)

While I was there I cruised through the women's section. I tried on a the best beige trench, which I was fully prepared to purchase. I liked it a lot but was thinking, I wish this came in black. Then I walked out of the dressing room, and, lo and behold, I found this:


It's not on Old Navy's website, so this is my own photos, so you'll have to do your best to get the idea. (I put it on and tried to take my photo in my full-length mirror, but that was not good.) There's really no sheen to the coat, as it seems so in the photo--but my camera flash did illuminate the details of this trench, which I'm so very excited about.

Notice the slash pockets, the button-down collar and the higher-waisted belt. It fits a petite shopper like myself perfectly--it's the right length, the belt hits in a good spot. It looks nice buttoned up or open. It's truly the trench I've been looking for for several years. I'd almost call it chic (a word that, for some reason, bugs Cheapy). And at $49.50. I should probably go back and get the beige one too.

No comments: